Connetquot

Sayville Masonic Lodge
Connetquot Lodge No. 838
85 North Main St.
Sayville NY 11782
631-589-9726
http://connetquot838.org/

Meetings: 8:00 on the 2nd and 4th Mondays except June, July and August

Directions: Take LIE to exit 62, Nicolls Road. Travel south all the way to the end: Montauk Highway. On Montauk Highway go west for 2.4 miles. The temple is on the north side of Montauk Highway.


MAP


View Larger Map

In the year 1902 members of the Masonic Fraternity residing in Sayville and its vicinity applied to South Side Lodge No. 493 of Patchogue and Meridian Lodge No. 691 of lslip for consent to organize a Masonic Lodge in Sayville and to Grand Lodge for dispensation.

The first meeting in the Odd Fellows Hall on May 31, 1902 marked the birth of Connetquot Lodge No. 838. Connetquot Lodge takes its name from the tribe of Indians that roamed over the territory within the jurisdictional boundaries of this lodge. The Lodge continued to meet in the Odd Fellows Hall until 1918 when Brother Charles R. Brown donated the Old Methodist Church Building and lot situated on North Main Street, Sayville and is still in use today. In 1924 the Lodge was again the grateful recipient of another interesting donation: a marble gavel that was said to have been made from the marble taken from the quarries that furnished King Solomon’s Temple.

Their sphere of influence is felt in foreign lands. On Roll Call Night in 1977 several letters from brothers not able to attend were read. One was from Brother George Freygang. Brother George noted that he was then the Master of Red Sea Lodge No. 919, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Yes No