Meetings: 8:00 on the 2nd and 4th Mondays except June, July and August
FROM LIE: Take the LIE to Exit 62-S (Nicolls Road), heading south, to end (Montauk Hwy). Make a right onto Montauk Hwy (heading west) for 2.4 miles (passing through Bayport into Sayville).The Lodge will be on the right, immediately after the Sayville FD.
FROM SUNRISE: Take Sunrise Hwy to Exit 49-S (Lakeland Avenue), heading south, to Main Street (Montauk Hwy). NOTE: After crossing over LIRR tracks, Lakeland Avenue changes name to Railroad Avenue. Make a left (heading east) onto Montauk Hwy and immediately move to left lane to turn into parking lot. The Lodge building will be to the east, immediately adjacent to the parking lot.
In the year 1902 members of the Masonic Fraternity residing in Sayville and its vicinity applied to South Side Lodge No. 493 of Patchogue and Meridian Lodge No. 691 of lslip for consent to organize a Masonic Lodge in Sayville and to Grand Lodge for dispensation.
The first meeting in the Odd Fellows Hall on May 31, 1902 marked the birth of Connetquot Lodge No. 838. Connetquot Lodge takes its name from the tribe of Indians that roamed over the territory within the jurisdictional boundaries of this lodge. The Lodge continued to meet in the Odd Fellows Hall until 1918 when Brother Charles R. Brown donated the Old Methodist Church Building and lot situated on North Main Street, Sayville and is still in use today. In 1924 the Lodge was again the grateful recipient of another interesting donation: a marble gavel that was said to have been made from the marble taken from the quarries that furnished King Solomon’s Temple.
Their sphere of influence is felt in foreign lands. On Roll Call Night in 1977 several letters from brothers not able to attend were read. One was from Brother George Freygang. Brother George noted that he was then the Master of Red Sea Lodge No. 919, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.